Saturday, May 1, 2010

Travel album

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! I hope you either shopped or scrapped today...or even better, did BOTH! I did a little online shopping...but didn't really find any must-haves (I think I'm having a little shopping withdrawal). So, if there's anything you'll recommend to other scrappers, please leave a comment and I'll check it out. Who knows, that might just cure me. :)

So today, I want to share a travel album I made for my sister. She's been quite the traveler lately, so I made her a blank album where all she needs to do is add the pictures and journaling. I think it's so important to document your experience while it's still fresh in your mind.

I love the front cover!

The "W" is for "Wonderful".


The tags are journaling spots.

There are a few half pages in this album. I think it'll be fun for journaling or for attaching receipts, tickets, etc.

I included a few book plates for labeling.

I love the huge key! It was blank chipboard, but I covered it with crackle paint (I believe it was in Aged Mahogany).


Another really awesome key! :)



For the right page, I (partly) use a technique taught by Marion Smith from apieceofcraft.com. On her tutorial, I think she used white paint on the distress ink, giving it a more faded/distress look. I skipped the white paint because I like how the bold colors give a nice contrast to the black embossed florals.

I love the huge paper clip!

On the back cover, there's a Maya Road envelope. I glimmer misted it in Auburn and Olive Vine.

I can't wait to see what my sister fills up in this album. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice mini!! and a great choice of papers. This Life Journey Collection from K&company is just beautiful... Love all the stamping you did.. :D
    Connie

    ReplyDelete